Saturday, December 26, 2009

Ringing the Bell for Salvation Army




I volunteered to ring the bell for the Salvation Army this Christmas season for a few hours in Moorhead. This was my first time ever volunteering to ring the bell and I'm so glad I did. Sure it may have been a little cold, but I really saw the best in people. Almost everyone who passed by had to give a few dollars or any change they had in their pockets. It was nice to see such generosity, especially going towards a great cause.

The Salvation Army provides hot meals for people who do not have the funding to feed themselves. I have to sit and give thanks everyday for the blessings I have been given. Something that may seem so simple, like getting up to have breakfast is something that many others do not have the comfort of having. The Christmas season is about giving :-) I hope we all found a way to give back to our community this holiday season!!

Always,
Bethany Beniek

No comments:

Post a Comment