Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Miss Northwest, Pelican Rapids Parade and more FUN!

This past Friday, July 9th, I attended the 75th Miss Northwest Pageant.  There were 8 talented contestants competing for Miss Northwest and I of course had a wonderful time seeing many of the Miss MN 2010 girls :-) Congratulations to the new Miss Northwest, Melissa Paakh! 


The next day I was invited to be in the Pelican Rapids Parade.  My committee also invited Kathryn Knuttila, Miss Minnesota 2010, to join me in the parade and we had a great time together.  The best thing about this parade was that it wan't too long, and honestly everyone waved back to you :-) Kathryn's nephews watched the parade and collected A LOT of candy for me to eat :-) I ate all the tootie rolls in seconds.

After the parade Kathryn invited all of the Miss MN 2010 Contestants over for a reunion at her lake cabin.  Although many girls could not attend I was so thrilled to be able to see and hang out with a few of them!  I went water skiing for the first time in my life! I was so scared! I love going on rides and getting butterflies, but this was a whole different feeling.  Almost like I was watching a thiller movie and the super scary parts wouldn't stop!  Yes, I wiped out on my first try, but I am proud to say I got up on my second try and rode around the lake.  I looked like a rookie doing squats on water skiis.  I clearly had no idea what I was doing, but at least I can say I did it :-)

I was the first person to water skii, and then it was Kathryn's turn.  I did not know Kathryn was a professional water skiier! She was SO GOOD! She was very modest the whole time saying things like, "I haven't gone all summer," and "I know I'll fall first time."  Well, my jaw dropped when she got up on ONE skii and started doing tricks and water sprays larger than 12 feet!  I was impressed.  I told her that all the contestants for Miss MN 2011 need to step up their game after watching her water skii!

This is Kathryn.....I told you she was good!!

Let's not forget that Aja and Kathryn went water skiing at the same time!  One had a shorter rope than the other and they would skii under the other's rope!  This is just an incredible example that pageant girls are so much more than meets the eye! This weekend was unforgettable! I had a blast.


This Saturday I will be running in a 5K benefiting the Big Brother's Big Sister's Organization in St. Cloud and then singing the National Anthem at the River Bats Game in Waite Park that same evening. On Sunday I will be apart of the Water Carnival Parade.  Hope to see you there!

Always,
Bethany Beniek      

No comments:

Post a Comment