Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Fourth of July Parade


Since Miss Minnesota week I have been very busy with work and planning for my big CMN Fundraiser in September entitled, "Reach for you Dreams."  My mom and I have been thinking of advertisement opportunities around the St. Joseph area because the event will be held at The College of Saint Benedict.  We have been designing and printing flyers almost every day trying to get the word out about this incredible event to enjoy an evening out and raise money for an outstanding organization!

We decided to attend several parades to hand out flyers, the first one being the Fourth of July Parade in St. Joseph.  We handed out over 1,000 flyers :-) The weather was SO hot.  I was simply sitting on the back of a convertible and I was sweating!  Thank you so much to Travis and my Mom for walking the 2.5 miles handing out all the flyers for me! You Rock! After the parade we all sat in an air conditioned house for awhile.  I have to give a HUGE thank you to my Great Uncle and Aunt, Art and Char, for letting me use their beautiful Ford Galaxy Convertible during the parade!  It looked great.

I'm looking forward to attending the Miss Northwest Pageant this weekend and getting together with the 2010 contestants! Kathryn is having a "2010 Contestant Reunion Party" and I can't wait to catch up with everyone.  On Saturday I will be attending two more parades in Pelican Rapids and Dent.  I heard these are not nearly as long as the St. Joseph Parade :-) Whew

Always,
Bethany Beniek

  

No comments:

Post a Comment