Saturday, November 28, 2009

Fargo Force Hockey Game


I had the incredible opportunity to sing the National Anthem for the Fargo Force Hockey game on Friday, November 27th at the Urban Plains Center. The arena was very nice! The building was only a couple years old so everything was very high-tech :-)

I have sang the national anthem many times for high school basketball games, and football games, but I have never sang it in a stadium that holds over 5,000 people! When I arrived I had a sound check, it was so surreal hearing myself sing in a such a large place. I had some time before the game began so I walked around and watched the hockey players warm up.

When the time came to sing, I met up with Whitney, who lead me to the penalty box. We walked by the players' locker room. I have never smelt anything quite like a Hockey Locker room! It smelt nothing like roses that's for sure!

I waited in the box and within seconds the Fargo Force rushed out onto the ice! The lights were flashing, the players were being introduced, and I kept singing the first three words to myself so I would start on the correct note. Finally, "and please welcome, Miss Moorhead, Bethany Beniek, as she sings the National Anthem."

My boyfriend Travis, was nice enough to video tape me singing on his camara :-)

Fargo Force won 5-4 in overtime! Go Fargo!


No comments:

Post a Comment