Sunday, November 15, 2009

Miss Mankato 2010




I attended the Miss Mankato 2010 pageant on November 14th at the Fitzgerald Campus Theater. There were 10 fabulous contestants that put on quite a show! There was such a variety of talent, from baton twirlers to singers to dancers and monologues. Their theme was "Miami Heat." They even had three male dancers come out during the opening number and do some break dancing! It was rather entertaining :-) Before the show I caught up with the newly crowned Miss Capital City, Kaylah Dockter, and Miss North Metro, Tiffany Gunderson. Of course I had to say hello to Papa Kilgarriff (aka Miss Minnesota's Dad) who was selling Brooke's CD for the Children's Miracle Network. I had the opportunity to speak with Brooke about her preparations for Miss America and her CD release party on November 29th which I'm very excited to attend! After intermission the visiting royalty went back stage to introduce themselves at the begining of the second half. We were told backstage to say our name, title, platform, and your favorite part about your year of service so far. I was thinking to myself, okay this is easy I can do this. Well, they call us out on stage, as we are walking across stage, my left high heel decided to slip off my foot in front of me! How embarrassing! I tried to play it off cool by lighty kicking it until I got to where I was suppose to stand on stage. I reached down (while always having a smile on my face) to put my shoe back on. When I was handed the microphone I told the audience my name, title, platform, and continued to tell them my favorite part about my reign so far of being matched with my new Little sister Ashley, and then said that my most embarrassing moment is this evening, and everyone began to laugh. Once we got off stage the visiting royaly and myself started to laugh about my clumsy moment and we of course had to re-enact it in the hallway :-)

Congradulations to the New Miss Mankato 2010 Samantha Phillippi!



No comments:

Post a Comment