Monday, February 1, 2010

Miss America 2010!!



And the New Miss America 2010 is....

MISS VIRGINIA - CARESSA CAMERON

This past Saturday I watched Miss America 2010 on TLC at my own Miss America party :-) My mom and sister decorated our basement with pink streamers and bought everyone little crowns to wear. My dad pulled down the projector and we watched it in life size!! As you can see from the photos it was almost like I was there!! We tried to buy healthy snacks to eat like fruit pizza, and juice boxes. I don't think I have ever been as excited to watch Miss America as I was this year. Maybe it was because I actually knew our Miss Minnesota, Brooke Kilgarriff. Throughout the entire week I kept myself updated on how she was doing. She was Quality of Life Finalist, and non-finalist talent winner. Brooke represented Minnesota so well!

When they named the top 15 finalists, I really had no idea who was going to win. It wasn't until the on-stage questions where I finally chose Miss Virginia to be the winner. Everyone had great bodies, decent talents and evening gowns. This is where I realized how important interview is within this system, which is one of the reasons I respect the Miss America Organization so much. It doesn't matter if you have the perfect body, the perfect evening gown, or even perfect talent, if you want to be Miss America you must be able to speak! When I watched the 20 minute press conference of Caressa Cameron after she was crowned, she amazed me. She was so genuine, confident and passionate about everything she was talking about. What an intelligent woman to be representing our great nation.

Time has been flying by! I've been so busy I have learned to value every spare second. I will be singing the National Anthem for the St. Ben's vs. Concordia girls basketball game this Saturday, February 3rd. It is the "National Girls and Women in Sports Day Celebration." After that I will be driving down to attend the Miss Coon Rapids Pageant :-) Hopefully I'll see you all there!!

Always
Bethany Beniek

No comments:

Post a Comment