Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Sweeps Pageant!









Saturday February 27th, nine beautiful and talented women competed for the titles of Miss City of Lakes 2010 and Miss West Metro 2010. Miss Minnesota was severely sick and was unable to attend the pageant to crown the new title holders. Since I was Miss City of Lakes 2009 and Kathryn Knutilla was Miss West Metro 2009, we were asked to give a performance and crown the two new lucky ladies :-)

This was such an honor and Kathryn and I were very excited to be apart of the show. I sang the National Anthem and Kathryn performed a beautiful piece on the piano. I arrived a couple of hours before the pageant to get to know the contestants a little bit before the show started. All the contestants seemed like they were having a lot of fun! Everyone looked incredible and I knew the judges had a very difficult job ahead of them. I was put to work by the contestants as well :-) I put on multiple false eye lashes and did quite a bit of back combing before the show started!

Kathryn and I had the opportunity to be interviewed on stage during the pageant. We were asked about what our past year has been like, the benefits of competing in the sweeps pageant and of course we told a couple stories about competing for Miss Minnesota last year.

During intermission it was so great to chat with all the local title holders again! It was a great outcome, almost everyone was there!

Now the time came to crown the new title holders! I have never crowned anyone yet and I was so excited! I had many bobby pins ready in my hand. Congratulations to the New Miss City of Lakes 2010, Liz Abbas! I gave her a big hug and tried to put the crown on her head as fast as my hands could move. I was so proud that I put the crown on straight!

Now it was Kathryn's turn, congratulations to the New Miss West Metro 2010, Siri Freeh! Kathryn needed a little assistance putting on the crown but it turned out perfect! Two new title holders in one night!

It was a night filled with fun and laughter and it made me realize how excited I am to compete for the title of Miss Minnesota this summer. Can you believe it's only 104 days away!

I am on spring break for this next week and will be up in Moorhead making many appearances and having two more fundraisers! Stay tuned, there will be many blog updates this next week :-)

Always,
Bethany Beniek

No comments:

Post a Comment