Sunday, March 28, 2010

"Jenna's Jog"


                                   Jenna and I before the run

On Saturday, March 27th I attended "Jenna's Jog" a 5K run to support Jenna, a family friend, who has been fighting a form of lymphoma cancer since she was a child.  Over 500 people ran/walked in this 5K event.  It was heart warming to see all the family and friends come to support Jenna.  There was an impressive silent auction which I bid on several items, including golfing for two and of course Dominos Pizzas! A little fun fact about myself, I LOVE the new Dominos Pizzas :-)

I arrived at around 9am to get registered and when I saw the shirts we recieved, I was so excited! They were long, black, stretchy shirts with lime green writing (green symbolizing lymphoma cancer).  I loved them!  I kept in on all day.

The morning was chilly, but in a way it got me pumped up to run, so I could stay warm.  Since I haven't ran in quite some time I thought I'd try and take it easy and jog the whole way.  I was so proud to get 69th place out of over 500 people, my next 5K I'll try to go a little faster than "jogging" pace.

The event had an outstanding turn out and I'm so lucky I got to be apart of it.  It's just a little prelude to my triathalon I will be running on July 31st in Walker, MN!!

Only 76 Days until I leave for Miss Minnesota Week!

Always,
Bethany Beniek

No comments:

Post a Comment