Monday, May 3, 2010

CMN Walk




On Saturday, May 1st, I attended the Children's Miracle Network(CMN) Walk located at Como Park in St. Paul.  This was my second year attending this event.  A lot of local title holders came to support CMN and I always love catching up with everyone and getting to know the other contestants better :-)

I arrived at 8:30am and immediately saw Brooke, Miss Minnesota, signing autographs for everyone.  Once all the contestants arrived, the camaras came out and I think we posed for about 50 different camaras.  There were hundreds of people who came to support CMN and many of them being families of patients at Gillette's Childrens Hospital.  One little girl I remembered was "Anna Banana," a patient at Gillette's who was wearing a bright yellow shirt with a big banana on it.  What I found funny was that she was eating an apple.  I laughed and told her, "How can Anna Banana be eating an Apple?!" She giggled and looked at her shirt :-)

When the walk began all the title holders stuck together and walked around the lake.  It was really relaxing walking around the beautiful lake and getting caught up with everyone.  It turned out to be a really nice day and I was so thrilled to of been apart of the event again.

May 1st also marked the first day of my "$1 Donation Fundraiser" for CMN.  For the entire month of May I will be carrying around a beautifully hand crafted box to accept $1 donations in.  I will let everyone know about CMN and hopfully touch them enough to donate $1.  The motive behind this fundraiser is to raise money without hurting anyone's bank accounts.  I know it's difficult to raise money with the economy being the way it is, but I'm hoping to find enough individuals to donate $1 to reach my goal of $1,500.

Please consider donating $1 for an outstanding cause!  You can securely donate online by clicking on the link below.

http://www.missamerica4kids.org/m.aspx?i=9703E6+A65A0B7

This is my last week of class.  I have four finals and then I'm done with school on Friday!  Once school is over I can really focus on preparing for Miss Minnesota and reaching my goal for the Children's Miracle Network!

Always,
Bethany Beniek

No comments:

Post a Comment