Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Magic Moments Ball

On Friday April 16th, I was invited to attend the Central Minnesota's Big Brothers Big Sisters (BBBS) Magic Moments Ball at the Civic Center located in St. Cloud.  This is my second year attending this outstanding event!  The night included a live band, tons of silent auction items, a three course dinner, a wonderful program, a live auction and dancing. I was so excited to attend the ball again! I had no idea what I was going to wear though. Once I looked at the invitation again I remembered that the color for BBBS is purple and it just clicked, I had to wear my purple dress! Everyone loved how I matched the theme of the evening :-)

I was the official greeter and greeted everyone who came in with a smile on my face.  I met some great individuals such as Representative Steve Gottwalt, former Vikings player Todd Kalis, and of course I hung out with Irv Cross.  Irv Cross is not only the director of Central Minnesota's BBBS, he is also a former professional football cornerback for the Philedelphia Eagles, and Los Angeles Rams.  He is also a sportscaster and you may have watched him on TV after the Viking vs. Saints game this past year.  He is such an amazing character!  He and I both share a passion and dedication towards the BBBS Program and we love to talk about it together.  He gets SO excited talking about the Miss MN Pageant!  He would love to have Miss Minnesota Represent BBBS State wide to attract more attention to this incredible organization.

After mingling with some guests, we all sat down to have a delicious dinner!  The program began, which included Irv Cross showing his appreciation for all the donations given throughout the evening.  Irv recognized the staff for their hard work, and he also recognized me separately, for all the work I have been contributing to the BBBS organization.  I was so honored to have stood in front of that crowd representing not only BBBS, but the Miss America Organization with the crown on my head.  I hope I showed them that the contestants who compete for Miss America are hard working, passionate individuals who really want to make a difference.

After the program was over, the live auction began.  The auction items were OUT OF THIS WORLD!! Some of them were, a weekend in Vegas, VIP Vikings Passes (pre-game sideline passing), two boxing gloves signed by Muhammad Ali, Signed football by Drew Brees, Signed Vikings Helmet by Jared Allen and one of my favorites the MN Twins Ceremonial First Pitch!! There are only 3 times that an idividual gets to do the ceremonial first pitch throughout the whole season and they were auctioning one of them off!  It went for over $1,500! The Muhammad Ali gloves I think went for over $2,000!

The night was a huge success, over $60,000 was raised in one evening.  I was so happy to of been a part of it!  A huge Thank You to Irv Cross and the entire Central MN BBBS Staff! You all are incredible and I love working with you!

Always,
Bethany Beniek

ps. Sorry I don't have more photos of the evening, my camara ran out of battery :-( I'll post some as soon as I get some from the BBBS office.
          

No comments:

Post a Comment