Monday, April 12, 2010

Pageants to Pizza

On April 10th, I attended the Miss Park Rapids Pageant at the Park Rapids High School.  I was invited by Savanna Tate (now Savanna Snyder) who was Miss Moorhead 2008, and my roomate at Miss Minnesota last year.  Savanna organized and planned this pageant.  It was so much fun to watch.  Four girls were crowned that evening, Little Miss Park Rapids (K-3), Little Miss Park Rapids (4-6), Miss Teen Park Rapids, and Miss Park Rapids.

During the pageant I was asked to come up on stage along with Kathryn Knuttila, and Kaylah Dockter to talk about ourselves and our platforms.  It was a great way to tell people about the Miss America Organization.  Kathryn also played a piece on the piano, which the crowd went crazy over!

The pageant had an outstanding turn out! The theater was packed!

The staff even drew a picture of me :-)



My Great Uncle

On Monday April 12th I had my final fundraiser at the Pizza Ranch located in Waite Park to raise money for the Children's Miracle Network(CMN).  It was by far the best Pizza Ranch Fundraiser yet!! I have done three of these fundraisers up in Dilworth and this was my thrid one in Waite Park.  I was thrilled with the turn out and the generosity of my family and friends.

I want to give a HUGE Thank You the Pizza Ranch staff in Waite Park! Everyone who works there is so kind and helpful.  I want to thank the managers, Britney and Jackie.  You two are fabulous and I cannot describe my gratitude towards your hospitality.  Thank you to my Mom, my Sister, and Travis for helping us clean tables all evening! Most of all I want to thank everyone who came in to support this outstanding organization! I am overwhelmed with thanks and happiness!

If you were unable to attend the fundraiser and still want to donate, please visit my personal CMN page to donate:

http://www.missamerica4kids.org/m.aspx?i=9703E6+A65A0B7

I have three weeks of school left.  My last day of finals is May 7th.  Of course my professors are craming everything into these last few weeks and I have so many papers to write and exams to take!  I stay up late every night doing Miss Minnesota Preparation, such as paperwork, updating my blog, and scheduling appearances.  I am a very busy individual, but I wouldn't have it any other way :-) I'm off to do some homework.

Always,
Bethany Beniek

No comments:

Post a Comment