Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Spirit 92.9 Opening Act Competition!

I have some very exciting news!! I auditioned for the Spirit 92.9 Opening Act Competition this evening for the chance to be the Opening Act for the incredible band Kutless on May 7th.  I auditioned last year, but did not make it past the first round.  I thought I'd give it another try this year and I got the "Royal Ticket!"

It felt like I was auditioning for America Idol,  I was one of a crowd of people waiting to audition privately in front of three judges.  We were allowed to sing one verse and one chorus of a song, I decided to sing Revelation by Kari Jobe.  The judges were very nice and gave me some great feed back!  They all decided to move me into the TOP 24 and gave me the "Royal Ticket" pictured above :-) I will be interviewed on the Morning Show at 7:00am tomorrow (April 7th), tune in if you want to hear more about my auditioning experience!

Once I recieved the ticket I walked out the doors and there was a video camara and everyone started cheering!  I was quickly interviewed on camara which will be used to introduce me at the Top 24 Concert held on Friday, April 23rd at 7:00pm at the River of Life Church in Cold Spring.  I would encourage everyone to come and help cheer me on because the judges will choose 6 individuals to continue on and the audience will vote for 2 more to continue on to the TOP 8!! I need all the support I can get! 

To learn more about the competition visit http://www.spirit929.com/ .

I need to find the perfect song to sing for the concert! I can't wait! This is great practice for the Miss Minnesota Pageant!

Always,
Bethany Beniek

No comments:

Post a Comment