Sunday, April 11, 2010

"A Night of Inspiration"

Tyler and I

On Thursday, April 8th I attended Kathryn Knuttila's "A Night of Inspiration" concert to raise money for the Children's Miracle Network.  It took place at Kathryn's School, McNally Smith College of Music.  It was an outstanding event!  I had a great time listening to all the talent that performed.  There was a full orchestra that played, piano players, violin players, guitar players, and bands!  Oh and did I mention that most of the performers were from McNally Smith and all the pieces were originally composed! I was in awe of all the performers including Kathryn herself who performed several original pieces, "Reflections" and "Quintessence." I have heard Kathryn perform many times, but she surprised us by adding a violin to "Quintessence!" It is by far my favorite piece I have heard from her yet, absolutely beautiful and powerful.

One of my favorite aspects about the show was when Kathryn invited three Inspiring American's from Gillette's Children's Hospital on stage.  Tyler, Rachel, Brandon and their families were there to share their stories about how they are involved with the Children's Miracle Network and how it has changed their lives.  I even had the opportunity to meet Tyler after the show, an 8-year old patient at Gillette. He was such a doll! When I asked if I could take a picture with him, he said, "Why of course" and asked his Dad to hold his cookie for him.  Tyler said he was really excited to attend the Miss Minnesota pageant this summer, his exact words were, "I can't wait!"  It's children like Tyler who help us realize how lucky we really are! If you have not done so already, please consider donating to the Children's Miralce Network to help make differences in children's lives, children such as Tyler.

http://www.missamerica4kids.org/m.aspx?i=9703E6+A65A0B7

After visiting with friends after the show, I of course had to buy a T-Shirt that had "WHIY" printed on it.  It stands for "Who Has Inspired You!" It's adorable, I can't wait to wear it during Miss MN week this year :-)

Finally I got to say hi to Kathryn and chat with her about the show.  I have been good friends with Kathryn ever since I started competing in the Miss America Organization and I'm so lucky to have a friend like her.  We both are very excited to compete for Miss Minnesota together.

To sum up the evening, the title was a perfect fit!  It really was "A Night of Inspiration"

Thank You Mom for coming and taking all the wonderful photos!

Always,
Bethany Beniek

No comments:

Post a Comment